Tuesday, July 20, 2010

living a mystery...

Life itself is a mystery...I know this. I know that the future is uncertain, that change is the only constant in life, that the moments of tomorrow can never be known. It is not the overall mystery of life itself that weighs upon me these days, but the smaller mysteries...the private ones that no one else witnesses. It is the mysteries of myself that spin me round and round in their web of complexity until I have no concept of the direction I was once headed.

My mind is filled with questions and no answers. A million paths are open to me, as they are to all of us at any given moment. And yet despite all the possibilities, I do not feel free to walk my own path these days. I do not even know what path I want to walk or the steps I might enjoy taking along the journey. All I know in this moment is that I feel trapped, stuck, at an impasse...and I cannot help but wonder where to go from here.

In essence, I feel as though I'm living a mystery...and there are no answers.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! And I thought Psychologists were people who knew exactly where they r going and are also able to tell others where to head !!
    I now understand that all r human after all. Beautiful article .. gave words to my current state of mind ... we all r in the same boat at different times of our lives really.. aren't we?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Roopa! Indeed, we are all on this journey of life...sometimes we know our direction and other times, we flounder about aimlessly it seems.

    ReplyDelete