Thursday, July 22, 2010

hey soul sister...

So it's not my all-time favorite song, and yet I seem to be addicted to the lyrics...they remind me of long drives down 76 in Ohio, a dear friend who breathed life into me amidst those cornfields and snowdrifts of isolation, and another precious friend who's lived in my soul, offering soul sustenance for more than a decade now.

"...your sweet moonbeam
the smell of you in every
single dream I dream
I knew when we collided
You're the one I have decided
Who's one of my kind...

...just in time
I'm so glad you have
A one track mind like me
You gave my life direction...

...you see, I can be myself now finally
In fact there's nothing I can't be
I want the world to see you'll be with me..."

It's not a love song to me, or at least not in the traditional sense...and yet it is words of love because it is these two friends that, in essence, saved me at two separate times in my life. It is these two people who accepted me completely for who I am, who believed in me when I didn't believe in myself, who offered me a world of possibilities and hope through what I have come to call "soul connections."

When the world turns dark, when the mysteries inside feel too heavy to carry alone, I live in dreams...and those dreams hold the image and scent, taste and touch, of D and P...sweet moonbeams that make me feel alive and rejuvenated.

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear girl...it feels so good to read your words again. Your new blog is beautiful!! I'm taking a deep breath as I sit here writing this. Soaking it in, feeling inspired, missing you.

    I'm sending love to you, girl. Lots and lots and lots of it. And, oh, I've been dreaming of writing you a big fat long letter for AGES now! I think of you more than you realize!

    Keep on writing. Your words are soul-filled.

    xo,
    j.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sweet J - SO excited to see your comment here! I think of you often too and would love to write you a long letter very soon. Please send me your current mailing address...I have missed you terribly!
    Love to you!!!
    -TD

    ReplyDelete